There's more to Bantayan!
A secluded and unexplored island which is part of Bantayan Group of Islands. The place is naturally beautiful and ever green. The locals are very simple and hospitable.
Here's a travel guide for Moamboc Island by Jiejiethetraveler:
I went here last 2005 and came back to check out this little paradise again and visit our relatives living in this island.
I am still dawn with amazement and enjoyed the new spots to visit though the residential areas which were affected by the Typhoon Yolanda last 2013 are still coping up.
WHAT TO BRING TO MOAMBOC ISLAND
Here are some things you might consider bringing with you for your day tour / adventure:
- Stylish face mask
- Water container/tumbler to rehydrate
- Sunscreen for skin protection
- Goggles for swimming or snorkeling
- Stylish Swimsuit
- Travel backpack / luggage
- Reusable vacuum storage packs
- Selfie stick
- Waterproof phone case
- Acion cam
- Camping tent
- WiFi kit
- Power bank
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
THINGS TO DO AT MOAMBOC ISLAND
Here are the best activities you can do during your stay at Moamboc Island:
- Island Hopping Tour
- Buhi-Buhi Tour and Fish Feeding (Fishes to feed are Lapu-Lapu)
- Walktour at Taytay or Hanging Bridge
- Eat Lunch at Tagu Beach or Taytay
- Mangroove Tour
- Get to know the locals in Moamboc Island, buy fresh fish and dried fish, souvenirs, watch them while they culture "Guso"
MOAMBOC ISLAND RATES
Pay only for the boat tour and bring your lunch since there is no restaurant yet on the islands. You may purchase your foods at the main market in Bantayan Island.
HOW TO GET TO MOAMBOC ISLAND
Here's a guide on how you can go from Bantayan to Moamboc Island:
- From Bantayan Municipality, head to port and ride a boat to do an Island Hopping Tour. Boat Rate for the day is Php 1,200/boat inclusive of bait for the Lapu-Lapu Fish. Additional Bait cost Php 50. Max Capacity of Boat is 8pax though there are also smaller boats.
- Boat Contact: Jimmy Layese - (0946) 112 0644
For airfare and transportation, you may check PISO FARE promos or you can directly compare air, sea and land travel fare and prices here:
WHERE TO STAY IN BANTAYAN ISLAND
There are plenty of accommodation in Bantayan Island and in Sta. Fe but none in Moamboc. Here are some of the hotels and resorts in Bantayan Island:
- Coucou Bar Hotel and Restaurant - Room rate starts at P2,000++ per night
- Anaya Beach Resort - Room rate starts at P1,800++ per night
- Jelly's Haven Resort - Room rate starts at P2,500++ per night
- Anahaw Seaside Inn - Room rate starts at P2,000++ per night
- La Playa Estrella Beach Resort - Room rate starts at P3,800++ per night
- Marlins Beach Resort - Room rate starts at P3,500++ per night
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
OTHER MUST-SEE ISLANDS IN THE PHILIPPINES
If you love to travel to the Philippines, here are the beautiful islands to visit on your next trip:
- Boracay Island (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Coron, Palawan DIY Travel Guide (Things to Do and Accommodation)
- Siargao DIY Travel Guide (Itinerary & Tourist Spots)
- The Hundred Islands in Alaminos, Pangasinan (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Cagbalete Island in Mauban, Quezon (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Isla Verde in Batangas (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Masbate DIY Travel Guide (Tourist Spots & Itinerary)
- Alibijaban Island in San Andres, Quezon (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Kalanggaman Island in Palompon, Leyte (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- El Nido, Palawan Travel Guide & 4D/3N Itinerary
- Maniwaya Island in Marinduque (Budget and Directions)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please let us know by leaving a message in the comment box below.
Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
WHERE TO STAY IN CEBU:Cebu Hotels & Resorts | Cebu Transients for Rent