Kalanggaman Island is known for its pristine, crystal clear water, white powdery sand, and long sand bars stretching on both sides of the island- the other side of the island is rocky and the opposite side is white sand.
HOW TO GET THERE
- Take a flight to Tacloban City, Leyte .
- From Tacloban New Bus Terminal, ride a van going to Palompon. (Travel time is approx 3hrs)
- Proceed to Ecotours Office. It is just walking distance from the van terminal in Palompon.
- Hire a boat to Kalanggaman Island at the Ecotours Office. (Boat ride is about 1hr)
- Make sure to coordinate first with Palompon Ecotours Office before scheduling a visit to Kalanggaman Island.
- Bring everything you need before leaving Palompon. Market is just beside the EcoTours office.
- Leave early if you’re just planning a day trip. Bring tent and basic needs if you will stay overnight.
- Always practice “Leave no trace” principle, bring all your trash back to the main island.
WHERE IS IT IN THE PHILIPPINES?
Watch this short video of Kalanggaman Island: