Officially known as Treasure Mountain Educational Campsite, Treasure Mountain is where you can experience and witness a stunning sea of clouds. And this is just a few hours away from Manila.
ABOUT TREASURE MOUNTAIN
Treasure Mountain is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Tanay, Rizal. Located in Sitio Maysawa, Barangay Cuyambay, Treasure Mountain has an elevation of 505 meters above sea level. The place is well known for its magnificent sea of clouds and a superb view of the Sierra Madre mountain ranges.
Officially known as Treasure Mountain Educational Campsite, this large private property offers an ideal place for a quick weekend vacation and for a quick escape from the busy city life. Treasure Mountain was opened in the year 2017.
Sea of Clouds
Sea of clouds usually occurs from 6 am to 8 am depending on the weather condition. However, the sea of clouds is not guaranteed to be present every day.
WHAT TO BRING TO TREASURE MOUNTAIN
Here are some things you might consider bringing with you for your day tour / adventure:
- Stylish face mask
- Water container/tumbler to rehydrate
- Sunscreen for skin protection
- Goggles for swimming or snorkeling
- Stylish Swimsuit
- Travel backpack / luggage
- Reusable vacuum storage packs
- Selfie stick
- Acion cam
- Camping tent
- WiFi kit
- Power bank
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
ACTIVITIES AT TREASURE MOUNTAIN
Here are some of the things you can do and enjoy at Treasure Mountain:
- Spiders Web
- High ropes obstacle course
- Giant Swing
- Biking activities
- Waterfall (Bosay Falls)
- ATV Adventure
- Overnight camping
- Car glamping
The campsite also offers videoke rental.
Treasure Mountain Rates
- Day Tour Entrance Fee: Php 180 per head (5 AM – 3 PM)
- Day tour package Entrance fee with your choice of breakfast: Php 350 per head
- Tent-rental good for 2 person: Php 1,300 (pillow, blanket, and matress included)
- Tent-rental good for 4 person: Php 2,300 (2 pillows, 2 blankets, and 2 matresses included)
- Sleeping-mat rental fee: Php 200 per mat
- Tent only good for 2: Php 500
- Tent only good for 4: Php 800
- Set of extra pillow and blanket: Php 100
- Car Glamping: Php 900 (Entrance fee not included. Car setup is subject for approval)
- Whole Course (includes Giant Swing and Spider Web): PHP 250 per head
- Giant Swing: PHP 50
- Spider Web: PHP 150 per head
- Tour Guide to Bosay Falls – P500 (maximum of 5 guests)
- Swimming Pool – P100 per head (unlimited use)
- Kitchen Rental – P300
Overnight Tour (4PM to 1PM)
- Swimming Pool – P150 per head (unlimited use)
- Kitchen Rental – P400
- *Reservation is required for those who plans to camp or lodge overnight.
- Breakfast - P120/meal
- Lunch - P250/meal
- Dinner - P250/meal
- *inclusive of main dish, side dish, rice & dessert*
Treasure Mountain Accommodation
Visitors can pitch a tent to camp for a day tour. For those who are planning to stay longer, you may opt to spend a night camping or avail their glamping options.
Where to eat in Treasure Mountain
You may bring food and drinks on your visit to Treasure Mountain. However, they will be subject to a corkage fee of Php 200. They have a cooking area where guests are only allowed to cook. Cooking beside the tents is strictly prohibited to maintain cleanliness and safety.
If you feel hassle bringing snacks and food, you can buy them from their cafe/restaurant just near the entrance. They also have free breakfast if you book a tent or a room from them. You can choose from any SILOG (Fried rice + Egg + another fried meal) from them.
Food is available as well if you’re not booking a tent or a room you just have to pay for the ala carte price. Prices are average, ranging from Php 150 and more.
HOW TO GET TO TREASURE MOUNTAIN
Here's a detailed travel guide and directions for Treasure Mountain:
Via Private Vehicle
FIRST ROUTE IS VIA MARCOS HIGHWAY
- You’ll pass over Masinag, Cogeo, Boso-boso Resort, Foremost Farms, Palo Alto, and Garden Cottages.
- The way to Treasure Mountain will be on the left side of the road, you’ll see a waiting shed.
- It’s the same jump-off as the Maysawa Circuit (Mt. Sapari and Mt. Binutasan) From the waiting shed, you’re just 1.5 kilometers away from Treasure Mountain, go straight and you will turn right as you see our signage.
SECOND ROUTE IS VIA SAMPALOC IN TANAY
- You’ll take Sampaloc road and will pass by the street to Daranak Falls.
- Go straight until you arrive at a junction and then, turn left. Following the scenic road, it will be a 45-minute to 1-hour drive.
- You’ll pass by Sierra Madre Resort on your right, Ten Cents to Heaven on your left, then Pico de Pino on your right.
- As you pass over Pico de Pino, you’re already near so drive a little further.
- Treasure Mountain will be on your right side.
- Turn right as you see a waiting shed or the jump-off of Maysawa Circuit (Mt. Sapari and Mt. Binutasan) Similarly, go straight and you’ll turn right as you see our signage.
NOTE: Going to Treasure Mountain, there are parts of the road where you’ll pass through mud and rocks. If your car can’t make it until the parking area, you can just park your car in the vicinity and just have a 15-minute walk to Treasure Mountain. Don’t worry as we are on the process of constructing the road.
Via Public Transportation
- From cubao ride a jeep going to Cogeo Gate 2 (Fare P25)
- Jeep from Cogeo to Brgy. Cayumbay (Ask the driver to drop you to Maysawa Circuit Jump Off) P45
- RT Habal-habal to Treasure Mountain - P100
NOTE: 1st trip from Cogeo to Cayumbay is at 5am
Sample 1 Day itinerary to Treasure Mountain (Day Tour)
- 03:00AM – Assembly, meetup, Estimated time of departure
- 05:00AM – Arrival at Treasure Mountain, registration, short walk going to Treasure Mountain view deck, viewing the sea of clouds, sunrise and Sierra Madre mountain range, Spider Web obstacle course and rock formation, explore the place
- 10:00AM – Going to El Patio Razon
- 11:00AM – Arrival at El Patio Razon, registration and lunch, photo-ops at Bali-inspired resort, Hobbit house, Lover’s Nest, Bee Hive and the Big Nest, Stairway to Heaven and Kawa Hot Bath
- 02:00PM – Open time, option for another side trip
- 05:00PM – ETD going back to Metro Manila
- 07:00PM – ETA Metro Manila
Sample 2 Day itinerary to Treasure Mountain (Overnight)
- 12:00PM – Meet up at the designated location
- 03:00PM – ETA at Treasure Mountain, Check-in
- 06:00PM – Dinner
- 08:00PM – Bonfire session at the pavillion
- 09:00PM – Glamping
- 06:00AM – Breakfast
- 07:00AM – Spider Web obstacle course, rock formation and explore the place
- 11:00AM – Lunch
- 01:00PM – Check Out
Treasure MountainAddress: Sitio Maysawa Brgy. Cuyambay, Tanay, 1980 Rizal
Facebook: Treasure Mountain
Tips and Reminders
- Book 3-5 days prior your visit specially if you plan staying overnight.
- No smoking in the camping site. There are designated areas for smoking.
- No loud noises starting from 10 PM.
- There are restrooms and bathrooms near the camping area. I suggest go to the ones near the cafe/restaurant, they’re much cleaner.
- Bringing of alcoholic beverages and speakers are not allowed.
- You can buy alcoholic drinks and consume them in the cafe/restaurant area only.
- The slope going up might be too so small cars are not advisable.
- Kids are allowed in Treasure Mountain. However, children aged 10 years old and below are not allowed to overnight camping. Bring your own garbage bag for your trash if you’re staying overnight.
- The parking fee is 20 pesos for motorcycles and 30 pesos for SUV vehicles. Please present your receipt with a stamp from the counter area upon exit. No stamp is no exit.
- Start the Spider Web high ropes obstacle course before 7:30 am to avoid the direct heat of the sun while doing the whole course.
- Bringing alcoholic liquors is not allowed. Strictly no drinking in the campsite. Guests are allowed to bring outside food and non-alcoholic beverages. The corkage fee for outside food is 200 pesos.
- Pitching your own tent is not allowed. Guests are no longer allowed to bring and pitch their own tents. They offer tent rental packages to provide quality service and importantly to ensure safety.
- If you want to visit Treasure Mountain, I highly suggest you come on weekdays to avoid the crowds and spend more time waiting just to take a picture of all attractions. According to our tour guide, because the mountain is very near and accessible, the visitors on weekends and holidays are innumerable.
- Bring an umbrella, raincoat, jacket, and blanket to keep you warm and dry if you’re doing overnight during the rainy season. Be ready for mud and bring rain boots or wear slippers.
- For hassle-free tour, I recommend you book Klook's Treasure Mountain tour.
Other Places to Visit in Rizal
The Province of Rizal has countless hidden gems that are worth a visit.
El Patio Razon
El Patio Razon is a resort right next to Treasure Mountain. It’s well known for its relaxing kawa hot bath that overlooks a mountainous view. After your visit to Treasure Mountain, take a quick dip here to recharge! Guests also come to take photos of a re-created Hobbit House within the resort premises.
You may opt to book a Treasure Mountain, El Patio Razon & Daranak Falls Private Overnight Glamping Tour in Rizal.
Pililla Windmill Farm
|Pililla Windmill Farm
Drive further down Rizal and you’ll reach the Pililla Windmill Farm. The turbines were built to harness the wind for energy, but many visitors come for the view. There aren’t any activities except to enjoy the scenery provided by the mountains of Rizal and Pililla’s windmills.
Mt. Tagapo, Talim Island
|View from Mt. Tagapo
To mountaineers, Mt. Tagapo is known to have a view that resembles the default wallpaper of Windows XP. With an average difficulty of 2/9, this hiking destination on Talim Island offers uncrowded trails and lush grasslands.
Pinto Art Museum
|Pinto Art Museum
There’s no museum quite like this one in Manila. Just from its architecture, you can tell that the Pinto Art Museum is special. As you gaze at the curated artwork, you won’t even notice the time fly by! Many take the drive to Antipolo to have the best art experience at the Pinto Art Museum.
OTHER CAMPSITES / PLACES TO CAMP
- Valleypoint Campsite - your glamping hideaway near Baguio
- MAIRA-IRA BEACH: The Blue Lagoon of Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
- Camping at Batis ng Kalikasan in Sta. Maria, Laguna
- Camping in Lake Caliraya, Laguna
- CAVITE: Ternate Beach Resort Guide (How To Get There + Budget and Itinerary)
- BATANGAS: Camping Guide to Burot Beach in Calatagan (Things To Remember + How To Get There)
- Camping at Calayo Beach in Nasugbu, Batangas
- CASA ASTILLERO: Camping by the Beach in Calatagan, Batangas
- ISLA VERDE BATANGAS: Travel Guide & Budget Itineraries
- Camping at San Rafael River Adventure in Bulacan
- Camping in Alibijaban Island in San Andres, Quezon
- PLAYA LA CALETA: A White Sand Beach Cove Eco-tourism Resort in Morong, Bataan
- CAGBALETE ISLAND TRAVEL GUIDE: Your White Sand Beach Escape In Quezon Province (Things To Do + Itinerary)
- DINADIAWAN BEACH: Things To Do and Best Resorts in Dipaculao, Aurora
- UIDE TO LIWLIWA: Surfing Spot in Zambales (List Of Resorts + Things To Do)
- Laki Beach and Five Fingers DIY Travel Guide in Bataan (How To Get There, Budget and Itinerary)
- ZAMBALES: What-to-See and What-to-Experience at Sampaloc Cove
- TUKA MARINE LIFE: A hidden gem in Sarangani | Travel Guide | How To Get There
- HUNDRED ISLANDS DIY TRAVEL GUIDE: Itinerary + Things To Do in Alaminos, Pangasinan
- NUEVA ECIJA: Camp Paraiso Hotel & Resort (Rates + How To Get There)
- QUEZON PROVINCE: Travel Guide to Pagbilao (Puting Buhangin at Kwebang Lampas)
- PANGASINAN: The VIEW-tiful Rock View Beach in Bolinao
- Top 20+ Best Glamping Sites & Resorts in the Philippines
Also in Rizal Province
- Relax and Unwind at Luljetta Hanging Gardens and Spa
- RIZAL: Infinity Pool at Punta de Fabian in Baras
- 10 Best Things To Do in Antipolo
- RIZAL: Treasure Mountain Travel Guide (How To Get There, Budget and Itinerary)
- Cloud 9 Antipolo: 360° View, Hanging Bridge, Restaurant and Hotel Accommodation
- Experience Kawa Bath at El Patio Razon in Tanay
The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please leave a comment below.
WHERE TO STAY IN RIZAL:
Treasure mountain contact number treasure mountain 2022 treasure mountain philippines treasure mountain website treasure mountain road treasure mountain camp treasure mountain tour package treasure mountain booking treasure mountain reservation treasure mountain contact number treasure mountain 2022 treasure mountain tanay