ABOUT BUROT BEACH
Burot beach is a remote beach located along the shores of Calatagan, Batangas. It has a stretch of semi-fine cream sand beach kissed by calm waters.
|Burot Beach in the morning|
The town’s western coast has always been off the radar, but word is out that a land developer has already bought the strip. Now is the best time to visit before it gets converted into a private resort.
UPDATE: Burot Beach is currently closed to public
HOW TO GET TO BUROT BEACH
From EDSA-Taft (Rotonda), there are buses and vans bound for Calatagan (P180). Upon reaching the town center, take a tricycle to Burot Beach (P150-P200).
For those who are bringing own vehicle, you may use Waze or Google Maps for directions. If you don’t have a private vehicle, you can rent a car or van here.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Bring a headlamp, flashlight, candle, whatever you please to create a light. There is no electricity in the area.
- The little sari-sari store, NOT a convenience store in the area is the only source of commodities available. Do your grocery at the market before heading to the place.
- Do not expect a grand accommodation because there is none. There are neither rooms nor decent toilets. You will have to bring your own tent because either of the cottages can give you decent sleep. There is a water supply but I do not think it is potable.
- You will see starfishes of different colors and sizes, you can touch them but refrain from bringing them off the shore. They are beautiful; let them live. And so are the other creatures you will see.
- You can agree when the boatman offered “island hopping” for Php130.00 per head. Do not, if its beyond that price as what he is offering is really not an island hopping. Yes, he will bring you to away from the shore, but drop you off to the sandbar that appears during low tide.
WHAT TO BRING IN BUROT BEACH
Here are some things you might consider bringing with you for your day tour / adventure:
- Stylish face mask
- Water container/tumbler to rehydrate
- Sunscreen for skin protection
- Goggles for swimming or snorkeling
- Stylish Swimsuit
- Travel backpack / luggage
- Reusable vacuum storage packs
- Selfie stick
- Waterproof phone case
- Acion cam
- Camping tent
- WiFi kit
- Power bank
|Day time at Burot Beach|
WHERE TO STAY AT BUROT BEACH
If you are into camping, an overnight stay in a tent is P130. If you don’t have your own tent, you may rent for P400. Otherwise, you may choose to stay at any of the nearby resorts. A beachfront room for two usually costs P2000 per night.
However, you may opt to stay at nearby resort accommodation in Calatagan and nearby areas:
SIDE TRIP TO CALATAGAN
Punta de Santiago Lighthouse AKA Punta de Santiago or Faro de Punta Santiago or simply Calatagan Lighthouse, Cape Santiago is an imposing 51-foot tall white and red brick lighthouse that was built in the late 1800's to guide seafarers passing Verde Island passage, San Bernardino Strait and the Manila Bay. The light house was built by Magin Pers and Guillermo Brockman, the same guys who designed the Cape Bojeador Lighthouse in Ilocos Norte.
TRAVEL EXPENSES & BUDGET BREAKDOWN
- Bus/van to Calatagan from EDSA-Taft: P180-200
- Tricycle to Burot Beach: P200
- Entrance fee: P65
- Overnight fee: P130
- Tent Rental: P400
ALSO IN BATANGAS
- BATANGAS: your DIY guide to Calayo Beach in Nasugbu
- Kaybiang Tunnel Guide - a shortcut to Nasugbu, Batangas
- BATANGAS: Casa Amara, a relaxing vacation house in San Juan
- BATANGAS: Pico De Loro Cove in Nasugbu
- BATANGAS: Isla Verde for 1000 pesos
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Spend A Weekend At Punta Verde Resort
- BATANGAS: Ataalaya Farmhouse - jacuzzi with Taal view
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.
WHERE TO STAY IN BATANGAS
burot beach hotel burot beach entrance fee burot beach resorts burot beach 2022 burot beach closed is burot beach open now burot beach airbnb