Relive the past in this heritage place in Bataan!
Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar has been a favorite destination and vacation place in Bataan since it opened to public in 2010.
That's why many tourists (foreign and even locals) include this on their bucket list. Why? This place brings you in the times where many of us did not witnessed in the past. The ambiance will say it all.
Here are some of the things you shouldn't miss when you visit Las Casas;
1. Heritage Tour
2. Overnight Stay
To make the most of your Las Casas, I recommend you book a stay here for a night. I love the scenes here especially when the daylight hid down and all you can just see is the beauty of the place everywhere you take you eyes on.
It would be a great experience if you and your love take a stroll at night, take a seat for a little while, tell stories and gaze at the night sky. Romantic, isn't it?
3. Water ActivitiesTake a dip at their batis-inspired swimming pool, or go on an adrenaline-filled adventure at the beach. Choose from the many water sports options which include jet ski, wakeboarding, banana boat, and a lot more.
4. Cultural Shows
Relive some historical events like Cry of Pugad Lawin or the First Flag Raising in Kawit Cavite. Witness performances that depict important aspects of our culture and history.
5. Photo-opsOf course, the visit wouldn't be complete if you won't have a 'remembrance' here. I tell you, there are plenty of picturesque and Instagram-worthy spots here, not only for selfies but also for photography enthusiast.
You can also schedule a photoshoot with our in-house photography studio, Fotografia dela Escolta. Pose as one of the illustrados using our traditional costumes to immortalize this historical immersion.
6. Appreciate the History
Wander along brick roads or go on a romantic river cruise amid grand architecture. No matter how you’d like to revisit the past, there’s an option that would bridge you towards the world of the yesteryears.
History awakens and the past is breathed to life at the Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar. It offers you a different perspective of these momentous structures that would pique your interest in history.
7. DiningLas Casas is so big in area and you will have to travel a bit far if you want to look for a restaurant outside. So why not dine inside Las Casas?
We had our dinner at Cafe del Rio. The prices are bit expensive but the experience (and the background) is worth it!
My favorite part of our stay here is the BREAKFAST BUFFET!! Ha ha ha it is included to our booking.
8. Relax and RefreshWhen we visited Las Casas, one of our goals is to have a relaxation. After the day tour, what we did is detour, stroll a little, wait for the sundown, satisfy our tummies and go back to our room to feel their comfy beds. The next day? We went straight to the breakfast buffet and chill by the beach after.
Oh, did I tell you I enjoyed their bathtub? I soaked myself for over 30 minutes. hahaha
Optional: Stay zen and relieve yourself of the stress by having some traditional Filipino massages at the Napiya Spa.
9. Stroll and Reminisce the Past
Yes, stroll as you can! Imagine, this place is 400 hectares wide and there's over 60 casas to see. Besides, there are unique spots you can see, take a picture and appreciate the beauty of Acuzar's work.
You can also take a ride from the following:
It was cloudy that night, but that did not discouraged me to capture the elegance of the place. It really took me back to the past.
You can also take a ride from the following:
- Golf Cart
10. Night PhotographyOne of my favorite part of our overnight stay here is when I took a walk at night (around 10pm) and did took some photographs of some places near hotel area. Every angle was stunning. The lamps perfectly lit the pathways and the casas.
HOW TO GET TO LAS CASAS FILIPINAS DE ACUZAR
Via Land Travel (Public Commuting)
- From Cubao (Quezon City, Metro Manila), take a bus (P200-250, 2-2.5 hours) to Balanga, Bataan.
- Bus companies (Bataan Transit & Genesis Transport) serving this route have daily trips that leave hourly.
- After arrival at the Bataan Transport Terminal, transfer to a bus bound for Bagac.
- From the town proper of Bagac, hire a tricycle that will bring you to Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar (P10/person, 10 mins).
Via Sea & Land Travel
- Take a ferry ride from MOA Seaside Esplanade (Manila) going to Orion, Bataan (less than 1 hour). Read: Manila to Bataan in Less Than an Hour
- Once you arrive at Orion Seaport, there are van for hire that can bring you straight to Las Casas in Bagac.
Via Private Vehicle
Bataan is accessible via the Subic Clark Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX) and Northern Luzon Expressway (NLEX).
- (Via NLEX) From Manila, Bagac is a 3-hour drive via the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX). Exit at San Fernando (P157 toll fee). Take the westbound side of Jose Abad Santos Avenue (Gapan-Olongapo Road), heading towards the towns of Bacolor, Guagua, and Lubao in Pamgpanga. Upon reaching Dinalupihan, turn left at Roman Superhighway. Once in Balanga City, turn right at Gov. J.J. Linao National Road. Drive along the scenic route at the foot of Mt. Samat (where you can see the Dambana ng Kagitingan) until you reach the town of Bagac. Follow the road markers that point to Las Casas.
- (Via SCTEX) If you’re coming from northern/central Luzon, take the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX) and exit at Dinalupihan. Turn right at Roman Superhighway and follow the directions above.
RENT A CAR?
Powered by 12Go Asia system
WHY BOOK WITH 12GO?12go.asia is one of the leading transport online booking service in Asia providing an e-ticketing platform to passengers, travel agencies, airlines and transport companies. They work with over 500 transport operators in Asia. The idea behind their work is to make a transparent and easy e-ticketing for mid- and long-haul voyages as well as to cover all possible routing options e.g. ferry, buses, trains, flights, private transfers and minivans.
You can also use Google Maps or Waze app for directions.
Las Casas Filipinas de AcuzarAddress: Barangay Ibaba, Bagac, Bataan
Contact no.: 09178729361 / 09258055232 / (02) 8833-3333 loc 116-117
Facebook: Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar
- Everything you need to know about Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar
- Manila to Bataan in Less Than an Hour
- Where to stay in Bataan?
- Get a ₱166.3 discount after you sign up with Klook
- Playa La Caleta - a hidden cove paradise in Bataan
- Seven Must-Visit Beaches Near Manila
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.
WHERE TO STAY IN BATAAN: