A formerly rural settlement, Pasig is primarily residential and industrial but has become increasing commercially in recent years, particularly after the construction of the Ortigas Center business district at its west end. It caters to offices as well as commercial and residential buildings.
However, despite these, some problems also arose. Population growth in Pasig has consistently become higher than the regional average.
Daphne a celebrity and host, posted an aerial view of Pasig City on June 13, 2015, and it revealed a shocking dimension of the bustling city.
|Aerial shot of Pasig from plane.|
“Whoa! #mycity #metromanila EDIT: I took this photo on June 12, 2015. It was not edited or filtered. I just cropped it. This is Pasig City,” she said in the caption.
Yup, you’re right. There are almost no trees left in Pasig.
Daphne later on posted another photo which showed the whole un-cropped photo.
She also updated the caption with, “Was that previous photo legit? Yup. Taken along the Taguig-Pasig flight path. I just zoomed and crop. No need for aerial shots. Look around your city. Walk it, if you are brave the non-existent sidewalks. Cross the non-existent pedestrian lanes. Where are the trees? Did anyone even care? Everyone is quick to blame the leaders. But all this happened because of us. Who voted for them? Who allowed this to happen? And it didn’t happen overnight. #thatthingcalledmetromanila #pasig”The photo that Daphne shared became viral, garnering disappointed and inquiring comments from netizens.
How do you think we can continue with modernization and urbanization without risking mother nature? Let the concern out from you and share with us your thoughts!
Also in Pasig
- 20+ Notable Places and Landmarks in Pasig
- 20+ Restaurants to Dine at in Kapitolyo, Pasig (with Location and Budget for Two)
- PASIG REVOLVING TOWER: History, Renovation, Location, Rental Rates and Business Hours
- 10 Hotels in Pasig for 1 Night Staycation (with Swimming Pool)
- TANGHALANG PASIGUENO: Home of Theatre and Arts in Pasig (Amenities + Rental Rates)
- TIENDESITAS: Things to See and Experience at this Shopping Village in Pasig City
- PASIG RIVER FERRY Commuting Guide (Stations, Schedules and Fares)
- PANADERIA DIMAS-ALANG: The Oldest Bakeshop in Pasig (History + Operating Hours)
- CAPITOL COMMONS: A Provincial Capitol Turned Into Business Center in Pasig
- ARCOVIA CITY GUIDE (Directions, Restaurants and Shops)
- Immaculate Conception Cathedral: The Oldest Pasig Church (History and Mass Schedule)
- Preserving Heritage: The Timeless Legacy of Bahay na Tisa in Pasig
- PASIG RAINFOREST PARK: What to See Inside RAVE Adventure Experience (List of Attractions + Rates)
- ACE WATER SPA: Guide to the First Hydrotherapy Experience in the Philippines (Price + Activities)
- PASIG FOOD TRIP: Your Ultimate Food Guide in Pasig (20+ Restaurants to Try)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please let us know by leaving a message in the comment box below.
WHERE TO STAY IN PASIG:
IMFWJ IS NOW ON YOUTUBE!