Starting with its first conceived feasibility study in 2000, progress for completion of Bohol-Panglao International Airport (BPIA) went on for 18 years. Construction for the project l started in 2015.
RELATED: Construction of airports in the Philippines (UPDATE)
There are doubts and questions if we can finish this project but under the Duterte Administration's term, we proved them all wrong and inaugurated it on 27 November 2018.
Now, the country's first world-class "Eco-Airport" and also known as the “Green Gateway to the World,” Bohol-Panglao International Airport (BPIA), is now completed and fully operational.
The BPIA can accommodate as many as two million passengers annually, more than double the 800,000 yearly capacity of the Tagbilaran airport.
The "eco-airport" functions on environmentally sustainable structures and green technology to the highest international standards, as it was declared a model for eco-technology in building airports in the country.
Compare Air Fares
A quick and easy way to do this is to use flight search engines A.K.A airfare comparison sites. Get started by following the steps below:
Step 1: Visit the best flight search engines listed below (click the links to open a new tab).
Step 2: Enter your destinations and travel dates to compare airfares.
Step 3: Go back to this page and select another flight search engine.
Step 4: Repeat steps #2 & #3 until you visit all sites listed.
Step 5: Review the airfare results to find out which airline/site offers the cheapest prices. Take note of all the airlines listed. Use the “Filter” feature to see a list of airlines that fly to your destination.
Airline Promo Fares
If you are looking for cheap flights in the Philippines, see airlines listed below or view all promo fares:
It also harnesses solar energy from panels installed on the roof of the Passenger Terminal Building (PTB), energy-conservation-type air-conditioning system, buildings and access roads with LED lights, water conservation-type toilets, motion sensor lighting, and soaking yard.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About BPIA
- Is Panglao international airport open?
Bohol–Panglao International Airport was inaugurated on November 27, 2018.
- Is Tagbilaran airport Same with Panglao airport?
Compared to Tagbilaran Airport, Panglao Airport is ten times larger than its predecessor. With a bigger space, more flights to the island can now be accommodated. We detail the other differences between Tagbilaran Airport and Panglao Airport below.
- Which airport goes to Bohol?
Bohol-Panglao International Airport serves as the gateway to Panglao Island and the rest of the mainland of Bohol for domestic travellers. This Bohol-Panglao International Airport is located half an hour flight from the Mactan-Cebu International Airport.
- How do I get from Panglao to Tagbilaran?
From Tagbilaran ferry pier, get out of the main area away from the touts then get a local tricycle to Dao bus terminal for 20 pesos. From there, take the Southern Star Bus which is bound for Panglao Airport and Alona Beach for 50 pesos. The journey takes less than an hour
How To Book a Trip / Reserve a Ticket
Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can get a ticket or check available trips online:
- Go to this link and INPUT the origin and destination in the search box (eg. Manila - Boracay)
- Input the dates of your desired arrival.
- Choose if it is One-way or Return trip.
- Choose the number of seats you wish to book or reserve
- Then click Find Tickets to search for the available trips
You May Also Like...
- How to Travel Safely Through the World's Most Populated Cities
- ENGLAND GUIDE: TOP 10 Best Tourist Spots in London
- SOUTHEAST ASIA: The Best Time To Visit Thailand
- Why You Should Consider Cebu Your Forever Home
- Must-Dos For The Perfect Boracay Vacation
- NEW NORMAL: This is how you can travel and stay safely in Baguio
- Important Things You Should Know About Boracay Reopening
- El Nido DIY Travel Guide: Your PHP4,500 Itinerary to Palawan's Best Island
- MANILA TRAVEL GUIDE: Tourist Spots, Things To Do, Where To Eat and Where to Stay
- TOP10: Best Tourist Spots in LUZON (MUST SEE!!)
- List of Accredited Boracay Hotels, Resorts and Other Accommodation (with Certificate of Authority to Operate)
- Get Your Dose of Vitamin Sea with These 5 Beach Destinations in the Philippines
bohol-panglao international airport contact number bohol panglao international airport address bohol-panglao international airport flights bohol-panglao international airport flight schedule panglao international airport latest update 2020 panglao international airport latest update 2021 bohol tagbilaran airport how many airport in bohol
Let us know your thoughts!