Thanks to Reychell Castillo from Kids are allowed Facebook group for this detailed guide on how we can finally travel to Baguio following the updated travel requirements needed.
BEFORE YOU BOOK
Scan/photograph an ID picture/selfie and 1 valid ID front and back. You need to upload these when you make your account.
HOW TO BOOK
1. Finalize the date of your travel.
2. Call your preferred accommodation and ask them for availability and to pencil book your dates. THIS IS IMPORTANT since the hotel will be the one to approve the QTP (QR TRAVEL PASS). Lafaayette Luxury Suites Baguio is highly recommended because they are very responsive. I tried calling The Manor and Forest Lodge, to no avail 😞 Fully-booked kasi siguro (Arid and Aroids Event).
3. Once you confirmed the hotel availability, go to http://visita.baguio.gov.ph to make an account and schedule your visit. Each person needs to make an account and apply for QTP, regardless of age.
4. Once you registered at Baguio Visita, inform your hotel and settle the advance deposit.
5. I received our QTP few minutes after I submitted the deposit slip.
6. Print your QTPs
BEFORE THE DATE OF YOUR TRAVEL
1. Make sure to answer the health declaration- you will find it when you click schedule a visit at visita.baguio.gov.ph
2. Print and fill-up the Case Investigation Form. You need this for the swab test (you can also fill out at the triage area but it’s an additional hassle, so might as well complete it before you go).
3. Organize your QTPs, Valid IDs, and CIF in one envelope.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN BAGUIO
1. You will register at KIA parking (you won’t miss it because there’s a checkpoint here).
2. Leave your ID and follow the convoy that will bring you to the triage/testing area.
3. Upon arrival at Camp John Hay, you will claim the valid ID you submitted in KIA.
4. Register your QTPs.
5. Pay the Rapid Antigen. We paid Php 350 (Php 500 if will stay at non-DOT accredited accom). Kids below 17 years old are not required to do the swab test.
6. Go to the testing area for the nasal swab (not painful pero grabe yung tawa ko kasi nakaka-kiliti ng sobra).
7. Proceed to the waiting area to get the result.
8. Once negative, you are free to go already.
The total process from arrival at KIA up to getting our negative results is at 45 minutes.
Of course, the pandemic is still here but instead of fear, we chose to continue living our lives with caution (Lysol high touch areas, alcohol, wipes, masks, and shields). The best place we found that is kid friendly with many outdoor activities option is Baguio City.
Read my COMPLETE BAGUIO TRAVEL GUIDE to know more about Baguio City.
THINGS TO BRING WITH
- Session Road and Where To Eat
- BAGUIO: Botanical Garden
- BAGUIO: Burnham Park (Facts and Activities)
- BAGUIO: Wright Park and The Mansion
- Things to do in Mines View Park
- What to buy at Baguio Night Market
- Commuting from Manila to Baguio vv
- MANILA TO BAGUIO: Bus Schedule and Fare
- PITX to Baguio (Point-to-Point) is now available!
- Experience a Luxury Trip to Baguio with JoyBus Executive Coach
- AMERICAN HERITAGE BAGUIO HOME (as seen on "Glorious" movie)
- Baguio Country Club's Christmas Village (Schedule, Entrance Fee & How To Get There)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.
WHERE TO STAY IN BAGUIO: