Thanks to Reychell Castillo from Kids are allowed Facebook group for this detailed guide on how we can finally travel to Baguio following the updated travel requirements needed.
BEFORE YOU BOOK
Scan/photograph an ID picture/selfie and 1 valid ID front and back. You need to upload these when you make your account.
HOW TO BOOK
- Finalize the date of your travel.
- Call your preferred accommodation and ask them for availability and to pencil book your dates. THIS IS IMPORTANT since the hotel will be the one to approve the QTP (QR TRAVEL PASS). Lafaayette Luxury Suites Baguio is highly recommended because they are very responsive. I tried calling The Manor and Forest Lodge, to no avail 😞 Fully-booked kasi siguro (Arid and Aroids Event).
- Once you confirmed the hotel availability, go to http://visita.baguio.gov.ph to make an account and schedule your visit. Each person needs to make an account and apply for QTP, regardless of age.
- Once you registered at Baguio Visita, inform your hotel and settle the advance deposit.
- I received our QTP few minutes after I submitted the deposit slip.
- Print your QTPs
WHERE TO STAY IN BAGUIO
Here are some of the many top hotels with Certificate of Authority to Operate (CAO) from the Department of Tourism in Baguio:
- Cedar Peak Condominium - Check Rates & Availability
- Austrianne Residences - Check Rates & Availability
- Hotel Veniz – Session - Check Rates & Availability
- V Hotel and Apartel - Check Rates & Availability
- Elmar Cabin - Check Rates & Availability
For a list of Baguio hotels that have certificate of authorization to operate, check out this post: LIST OF DOT-ACCREDITED HOTELS IN BAGUIO!
You may also check the full list of hotels and lodging in Baguio. I also wrote Top10 hotels in Baguio on a separate blog.
BEFORE THE DATE OF YOUR TRAVEL
- Make sure to answer the health declaration- you will find it when you click schedule a visit at visita.baguio.gov.ph
- Print and fill-up the Case Investigation Form. You need this for the swab test (you can also fill out at the triage area but it’s an additional hassle, so might as well complete it before you go).
- Organize your QTPs, Valid IDs, and CIF in one envelope.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN BAGUIO
- You will register at KIA parking (you won’t miss it because there’s a checkpoint here).
- Leave your ID and follow the convoy that will bring you to the triage/testing area.
- Upon arrival at Camp John Hay, you will claim the valid ID you submitted in KIA.
- Register your QTPs.
- Pay the Rapid Antigen. We paid Php 350 (Php 500 if will stay at non-DOT accredited accom). Kids below 17 years old are not required to do the swab test.
- Go to the testing area for the nasal swab (not painful pero grabe yung tawa ko kasi nakaka-kiliti ng sobra).
- Proceed to the waiting area to get the result.
- Once negative, you are free to go already.
The total process from arrival at KIA up to getting our negative results is at 45 minutes.
Of course, the pandemic is still here but instead of fear, we chose to continue living our lives with caution (Lysol high touch areas, alcohol, wipes, masks, and shields). The best place we found that is kid friendly with many outdoor activities option is Baguio City.
For as long as we do safe travel and care for our health and the others, we can do this even in pandemic.
Read my COMPLETE BAGUIO TRAVEL GUIDE to know more about Baguio City.
SAVE THIS PIN!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Baguio
- Can we travel to Baguio now?
Who can visit Baguio? For leisure travel or tourism purposes, only the following visitors are allowed to enter Baguio City: All travelers from Areas under ALERT LEVEL 1 and 2. Requirements differ for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.
- What are the requirements in going to Baguio?
Valid Gov't ID; Valid Passport, travel documents or ACR I-Card; Medical Clearance issued by Bureau of Quarantine at the airport, OWWA/POEA documents or Seaman's Book, Proof of residence in Baguio; test conducted upon arrival in the Philippines; Registration at hdf.baguio.gov.ph.
- Do I need travel pass going to Baguio?
Yes, Baguio has reopened for domestic travelers who are fully vaccinated. Part of the Baguio city travel permit requirements is Baguio Visita registration with QR-coded Tourist Pass, Vaccination card or vaccination certificate, and Health screening and verification at the triage in Baguio upon arrival.
- What Baguio is known for?
Baguio, to many, is best known as the "Summer Capital of the Philippines", with its cool climate making this a spot to escape the chaotic scenes in Manila. The city is also home to tropical pine forests, lending the city the nickname "City of Pines".
THINGS TO BRING WITH
ALSO IN BAGUIO
- Session Road and Where To Eat
- BAGUIO: Botanical Garden
- BAGUIO: Burnham Park (Facts and Activities)
- BAGUIO: Wright Park and The Mansion
- Things to do in Mines View Park
- What to buy at Baguio Night Market
- Commuting from Manila to Baguio vv
- MANILA TO BAGUIO: Bus Schedule and Fare
- PITX to Baguio (Point-to-Point) is now available!
- Experience a Luxury Trip to Baguio with JoyBus Executive Coach
- AMERICAN HERITAGE BAGUIO HOME (as seen on "Glorious" movie)
- Baguio Country Club's Christmas Village (Schedule, Entrance Fee & How To Get There)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.
WHERE TO STAY IN BAGUIO:
baguio travel requirements 2022 requirements for entering baguio city baguio city travel permit requirements is baguio city open for tourist now baguio itinerary 2022 baguio city travel pass how to go to baguio from manila how to get qr code baguio city baguio itinerary for 3days and 2nights 2022 baguio itinerary 2 days 1 night 2022 sample baguio itinerary 3 days baguio itinerary 2022 3 days 2 nights new tourist spot in baguio 2022 baguio trip budget 2022 3d2n itinerary in baguio baguio itinerary 5 days 4 nights