This might be out of your travel goals, but Masbate has a lot to offer. Let me tell you why!
Masbate, officially the Province of Masbate, is an island province in the Philippines located near the midsection of the nation's archipelago. Its provincial capital is Masbate City. The province consists of three major islands: Masbate, Ticao and Burias.
WHAT TO BRING TO MASBATE
Here are some things you might consider bringing with you for your day tour / adventure:
- Stylish face mask
- Water container/tumbler to rehydrate
- Sunscreen for skin protection
- Goggles for swimming or snorkeling
- Stylish Swimsuit
- Travel backpack / luggage
- Reusable vacuum storage packs
- Selfie stick
- Waterproof phone case
- Acion cam
- Camping tent
- WiFi kit
- Power bank
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
Here are the five spots you must see in Masbate province:
1. BUNTOD REEF MARINE SANTUARY (Mobo)
|Buntod Reef Marine Sanctuary|
Buntod Reef Marine Sanctuary is known for its sandbar. The reef is just about 15 minutes boat ride away from the Masbate City. One of the top spots in the whole province.
2. BALANGINGI ISLAND (Pio V. Corpuz)
Balangingi Island, a 4.9-hectare marine sanctuary is considered one of Masbate's virgin islands and is now eyed as an ecotourism zone. With just a 15 minute boat ride from Pio V. Corpuz, you will get to enjoy its crystal clear water, fine white sand, and peaceful, picturesque beauty that offers a breathtaking experience.
The Municipality of Pio V. Corpuz, is a 4th class municipality in the province of Masbate, Philippines.
3. BATUAN (Ticao Island)Batuan might be the smallest, but this municipality is blessed with marine sanctuaries and lovely beach destinations you have yet to discover. Some Manta Rays are spotted in the seas nearby.
Batuan is a fifth class municipality in Masbate which is located on the southern tip of Ticao Island. It is also the smallest municipality in Masbate in terms of land area and population.
4. BOROBANGCASO ISLET AND ROCK FORMATION (Monreal)
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
5. HALEA NATURE PARK (Monreal)
|Halea Nature Park|
Also in Monreal, Halea Nature Park is haven to various sea species with its rich ecosystem. You will be captured by its beauty and wonders!
For itinerary and detailed travel guide, we have written a complete MASBATE DIY GUIDE on separate blog. :)
HOW TO GET TO MASBATE
Via Land and Sea
Via Legazpi City, Albay/Pilar, Sorsogon
1.You can take a bus going to Legazpi City or Pilar, Sorsogon from Cubao Araneta Bus Terminal.
2. However, if you choose to stop in Legazpi City, you still need to take a van going to Pilar Sorsogon at Legazpi Terminal near Pacific Mall.
3. Alight the bus once you get to Pilar, Sorsogon Port.
4. If you need help with your luggages/bags, porters are just around the area or will even ask you if they can carry your bags. I personally hand them 20 to 30 pesos.
5.Pay P15 port fee in the entrance of the port.
6. Go directly to the Montenegro Ticketing Office for your RORO Ticket or Montenegro Fastcraft ticket. Ask for the estimated time of departure of the RORO or Fastcraft.
7. Patiently wait in the waiting area of the port or check some eatery outside the port.
Check bus routes / trips here:
Note: There are also buses in Cubao terminal which rates already include the fare of RORO to Masbate City. However, if you chose not to take the RORO, there are several scheduled Montenegro Fastcraft going to the city as well.
- Direct to Masbate
If you are heading straight to Masbate City and you want the fastest and most convenient way of traveling to the city, there is a daily flight under PAL Express. Please take note that there is only 1 flight per day, with 1H and 15min duration. Airfare is around P6000 to P7000, one-way.
For airfare and transportation, you may check PISO FARE promos or you can directly compare air, sea and land travel fare and prices here:
- Via Legazpi City
1. If you don't want to travel by bus, but don't want to spend P7000 for a one-way travel, you can always book a flight to Legazpi City via Cebu Pacific, PAL Express and other airlines. Airfare to Legazpi City is much more affordable than that of PAL Express direct to Masbate City.
2.Then, take a van going to Pilar, Sorsogon from the Legazpi or Daraga Terminal.
3. If you need help with your luggages/bags, porters are just around the area or will even ask you if they can carry your bags. I personally hand them 20 to 30 pesos.
4.Pay P15 port fee in the entrance of the port.
5. Go directly to the Montenegro Ticketing Office for your RORO Ticket or Montenegro Fastcraft ticket. Ask for the estimated time of departure of the RORO or Fastcraft.
6. Patiently wait in the waiting area of the port or check some eatery outside the port.
WHERE TO STAY IN MASBATE
Here's a list of best accommodation in Masbate:
- Sabine's Place - Check Rates & Availability!
- Asia Novo Boutique Hotel - Check Rates & Availability!
- Ticao Island Resort - Check Rates & Availability!
- GV Hotel Masbate - Check Rates & Availability!
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
OTHER MUST-SEE ISLANDS IN THE PHILIPPINES
If you love to travel to the Philippines, here are the beautiful islands to visit on your next trip:
- Boracay Island (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Coron, Palawan DIY Travel Guide (Things to Do and Accommodation)
- Siargao DIY Travel Guide (Itinerary & Tourist Spots)
- The Hundred Islands in Alaminos, Pangasinan (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Cagbalete Island in Mauban, Quezon (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Isla Verde in Batangas (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Masbate DIY Travel Guide (Tourist Spots & Itinerary)
- Alibijaban Island in San Andres, Quezon (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Kalanggaman Island in Palompon, Leyte (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- El Nido, Palawan Travel Guide & 4D/3N Itinerary
- Maniwaya Island in Marinduque (Budget and Directions)
placer, masbate tourist spots san jacinto, masbate tourist spots sorsogon tourist spot san fernando masbate tourist spot dimasalang masbate tourist spot mandaon masbate tourist spots ticao island, masbate tourist spot milagros masbate tourist spots