This might be out of your travel goals, but Masbate has a lot to offer. Let me tell you why!
Masbate, officially the Province of Masbate, is an island province in the Philippines located near the midsection of the nation's archipelago. Its provincial capital is Masbate City. The province consists of three major islands: Masbate, Ticao and Burias.
WHAT TO BRING FOR MASBATE
Here are some things you might consider bringing with you for your day tour / adventure:
- Stylish face mask
- Water container/tumbler to rehydrate
- Sunscreen for skin protection
- Goggles for swimming or snorkeling
- Stylish Swimsuit
- Travel backpack / luggage
- Reusable vacuum storage packs
- Selfie stick
- Waterproof phone case
- Acion cam
- Camping tent
- WiFi kit
- Power bank
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
Masbate Tourist Spots
Masbate, a province in the Philippines, offers a variety of tourist spots showcasing its natural beauty and cultural richness. Here are the five spots you must see in Masbate province:
1. BUNTOD REEF MARINE SANTUARY (Mobo)
Buntod Reef Marine Sanctuary in Mobo is a captivating destination known for its stunning sandbar and vibrant marine life. Visitors can revel in the unique experience of walking on the sandbar while being surrounded by the beauty of the sanctuary's underwater ecosystem.
|Buntod Reef Marine Sanctuary|
The reef is just about 15 minutes boat ride away from the Masbate City. One of the top spots in the whole province.
2. BALANGINGI ISLAND (Pio V. Corpuz)
Balangingi Island, a 4.9-hectare marine sanctuary is considered one of Masbate's virgin islands and is now eyed as an ecotourism zone.
With just a 15 minute boat ride from Pio V. Corpuz, you will get to enjoy its crystal clear water, fine white sand, and peaceful, picturesque beauty that offers a breathtaking experience.
3. BATUAN (Ticao Island)Batuan might be the smallest, but this municipality is blessed with marine sanctuaries and lovely beach destinations you have yet to discover. Some Manta Rays are spotted in the seas nearby.
Batuan is a fifth class municipality in Masbate which is located on the southern tip of Ticao Island. It is also the smallest municipality in Masbate in terms of land area and population.
4. BOROBANGCASO ISLET AND ROCK FORMATION (Monreal)
Orobangcaso Islet and Rock Formation in Monreal, Masbate, stand as nature's masterpiece, showcasing a striking blend of towering rock formations and pristine turquoise waters.
|Borobangcaso Rock Formation|
This captivating destination invites visitors to witness the unique geological wonders and savor the tranquility of its coastal surroundings.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
5. HALEA NATURE PARK (Monreal)
Nestled in Monreal, Masbate, Halea Nature Park offers an eco-friendly haven with thrilling zip line adventures, jungle treks, and panoramic views of the province.
|Halea Nature Park|
Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the park, where lush landscapes and outdoor activities create an unforgettable experience for nature enthusiasts. You will be captured by its beauty and wonders!
For itinerary and detailed travel guide, we have written a complete MASBATE DIY GUIDE on separate blog. :)
OTHER MUST-SEE ISLANDS IN THE PHILIPPINES
If you love to travel to the Philippines, here are the beautiful islands to visit on your next trip:
- Boracay Island (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Coron, Palawan DIY Travel Guide (Things to Do and Accommodation)
- Siargao DIY Travel Guide (Itinerary & Tourist Spots)
- The Hundred Islands in Alaminos, Pangasinan (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Cagbalete Island in Mauban, Quezon (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Isla Verde in Batangas (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Masbate DIY Travel Guide (Tourist Spots & Itinerary)
- Alibijaban Island in San Andres, Quezon (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Kalanggaman Island in Palompon, Leyte (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- El Nido, Palawan Travel Guide & 4D/3N Itinerary
- Maniwaya Island in Marinduque (Budget and Directions)