DPWH Secretary Mark Villar said that the soon-to-be-opened sections with combined length of 1.54-kilometer is the initial segments of the project which is envisioned as an 8.59-kilometer bypass road that will divert traffic within the congested city roads of Tagaytay, running through Luksuhin, Sikat, Zambal, Guinhawa, Patutong Malaki, Balagbag, Salaban, Kaybagal, and Maitim road sections.
“The opening of these two (2) sections this October is only the beginning as we have been prioritizing the inclusion of Tagaytay Bypass Road Project in the national budget since 2018,” said Secretary Villar.
According to Secretary Villar, Tagaytay Bypass Road when completed will reduce to only 20 minutes travel time from Alfonso towards Tagaytay City, saving as much as 33 minutes from the usual 53 minutes down.
Aside from the Maitim and Kaybagal Section, DPWH is currently implementing road opening and concreting at the 746-meter Balagbag Section, road opening of 1.32-kilometer Salaban Section, road concreting of 590-meter Guinhawa Section; and road opening and concreting of 580-meter Patuto Section 3.
DPWH has so far released an amount of P466.24 Million for the ongoing and completed sections of the bypass road project.
WHERE TO GO IN TAGAYTAY
- TAGAYTAY: Picnic Grove (Directions, Activities and Amenities)
- Sky Ranch Tagaytay - Your Next Food Trip In The SOUTH
- Where To Eat in Tagaytay - Underrated But Worth-The-Money Eats In The City
- Tagaytay Wind Residences and its Amenities
- Have a Relaxing Stay at Casa Alegria Tagaytay
- CAFFE NATIVO - Your Artsy Local Coffee Shop in Tagaytay
- Kawa Bath at La VeryOl's Mountain View Garden
- Puzzle Mansion Bed & Breakfast – The Largest Jigsaw Puzzle Collection In The World
BUDGET STAY IN TAGAYTAY
Also check out my list of 5 Tagaytay Hotels with breathtaking view of Taal
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.
WHERE TO STAY IN TAGAYTAY: