The Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) NC III training program offered by the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) is designed to equip individuals with advanced skills in welding.
SMAW NC III is a higher-level course that delves deeper into the techniques and principles of shielded metal arc welding. Here's a comprehensive guide to help you navigate through the SMAW NC III training program:
Overview of Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) NC III
The SMAW NC III program typically has a duration of 120 hours, but the exact duration may vary depending on the training center.
To enroll in SMAW NC III, participants usually need to have completed SMAW NC II or demonstrate proficiency in SMAW NC II skills.
The curriculum covers advanced topics in shielded metal arc welding, including:
- Advanced Welding Processes: In-depth understanding of various welding processes, techniques, and applications.
- Advanced Welding Symbols: Interpretation and application of welding symbols used in engineering drawings.
- Advanced Welding Techniques: Mastery of advanced welding techniques to produce high-quality welds.
- Quality Control and Inspection: Techniques for ensuring the quality of welded joints, including inspection methods.
- Advanced Welding Mathematics: Mathematical calculations related to welding, such as determining material quantities and heat input.
Check out my list of 10 FREE TESDA Online Courses
How to Enroll in SMAW NC III
1. Choose a TESDA-Accredited Training Center:
Research and select a TESDA-accredited training center that offers SMAW NC III. You can find a list of accredited centers on the TESDA website.
2. Check Requirements:
Review the specific requirements for enrollment. This may include completion of SMAW NC II or a skills assessment to demonstrate proficiency.
3. Visit the Training Center:
Visit the chosen training center in person. Inquire about the SMAW NC III course, its schedule, and the enrollment process.
4. Submit Necessary Documents:
Prepare and submit any required documents, such as identification, previous TESDA certificates, or other prerequisites.
5. Complete Enrollment Forms:
Fill out the enrollment forms provided by the training center. Provide accurate information to facilitate the registration process.
6. Attend Orientation:
Attend the orientation session, where you'll receive information about the course, curriculum, and expectations.
Here's a List of TESDA Scholarship Programs You Can Avail Now!
During the SMAW NC III Training
1. Active Participation:
Actively participate in class discussions, hands-on training, and practical exercises to enhance your skills.
2. Seek Guidance:
Don't hesitate to ask questions and seek guidance from instructors. They are there to help you succeed.
3. Practice Regularly:
Practice welding regularly to build muscle memory and enhance your proficiency in SMAW techniques.
After Completing SMAW NC III
1. Take the Assessment:
Prepare for and take the TESDA assessment for SMAW NC III. This may include both written and practical assessments.
2. Obtain Certification:
Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will receive a TESDA National Certificate (NC) for Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) NC III.
3. Consider Further Advancement:
Explore opportunities for further advancement, such as pursuing higher-level welding courses or gaining work experience in the field.
RELATED: How to Renew My TESDA Certificate
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILAKlook.com
By following this guide, you can navigate the process of enrolling in and completing the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) NC III training program with TESDA. This advanced course will not only enhance your welding skills but also open doors to more opportunities in the welding industry.
List of TESDA NC II and NC III Courses & Certification
- Automotive Servicing NC II
- Barbering NC II
- Bread and Pastry Production NC II
- Bookkeeping NC III
- Caregiving NC II
- Carpentry NC II
- Computer Systems Servicing NC II
- Cookery NC II
- Customer Services NC II
- Domestic Work NC II
- Dressmaking NC II
- Driving NC II
- Food and Beverage Services NC II
- Health Care Services NC II
- Heavy Equipment Operation (Backhoe Loader) NC II
- Housekeeping NC II
- Masonry NC II
- Plumbing NC II
- Massage Therapy NC II
- Security Services NC II