This Mountain-Top Garden is Leyte's next tourist attraction!
Are you familiar with the famous 10,000 led-powered white roses? Or the 2,000 led-powered red roses? That both located in Cordova, Cebu.
|Lintaon Peak at night|
What if both colors comes into one, red and white in one place and become a tourist destination?
Well it's not imaginary anymore because it is already existing!
16,000 blossoms of Lintaon Peak
Curious travelers are mostly after the park’s 16,000 blossoms, which is quite similar to that of Cebu’s 10,000 Roses Café. The only difference is that Lintaon Peak’s blossoms come in both red and white colors, not just white.
|White roses of Lintaon Peak|
The artificial blossoms are made of LED lights, and is best viewed at dusk to nighttime when the lights magically transform the area.
The red blossoms was formed saying "(heart emoji) Baybay". This newest ecotourist attraction was built by the LGU of Baybay and was opened last June 16, 2017 since that day was their charter day and that tells exactly why it's 16k blossoms.
There is an entrance fee of ₱20. Souvenir stalls line the entrance, so you have the option to buy some before exploring the park or when you’re about to leave.
Camping at Lintaon Peak
The park’s vast expanse attracts many campers who want to fully enjoy the city lights and refreshing air. It is very breezy atop the mountain and there’ll be times when the wind can be so strong, so make sure to secure your tents properly. Bring insect repellant too.
HOW TO GET TO LINTAON PEAK
Lintaon Peak is a park situated on the peak of a mountain, with a commanding view of the city’s beautiful landscapes. It is 10 kilometers away from the city proper. Its postcard-perfect views will remind you of Batanes.
|Lintaon Peak Overlooking|
- Take a pedicab from the city’s land transport terminal going to Brgy. Pomponan (ONE WAY FARE per person: ₱15.00 as of 04/17/17). Tip: Pedicabs heading south are all painted with red.
- The pedicab ride is a short 15-minute drive. Tell driver you’re heading to Lintaon Peak. He will recommend you habal-habal drivers who can take you uphill.
- Pomponan is an interior village. It will be your main access point to Lintaon Peak. Before you enter the village proper, you’ll definitely notice a directional sign leading to the destination.
- There are lots of habal-habals in the village because it is the only mode of transport going to the remote village of Lintaon. Yep, Lintaon is one of the 92 barangays in Baybay City. (ONE WAY FARE is per person is ₱25.00 as of 04/17/2017)
- You can make an arrangement with the driver to pick-you up on an agreed time if you want to spend longer hours at the site.
- It’s a 4.6-kilometer uphill drive which means it may take 10-15 minutes.
- Cars, SUVs, vans and motorcycle can easily access the site with a decent parking space uphill.
- Gas-up. It’s gonna be an uphill drive and your gas may be consumed quickly.
- Drive through the Baybay-Maasin Highway. You may also take the Diversion Road if you’re coming from Ormoc City. You’ll see a directional sign to Brgy. Pomponan and Lintaon Peak in the Baybay-Inopacan highway.
- Just follow the road until you’ll see the directional sign on your right. You will be turning left before you enter the village proper.
- A decent-sized parking space can be found at the site.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
Address: Baybay City, Leyte
Entrance Fee: ₱20 per person
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.