Early this month, Jane Eguillos shared some photos of a tricycle driver named Rodolfo “Rudy” Pastrana who was wearing a baby carrier also tied to his trike so he could keep his son ‘safe’ while he drives around Pasig City.
Eguillos grew concerned because the child was crying at the time; she learned that his milk bottle was damaged after it was run over by a car. Hearing this, another passenger offered one of her feeding bottles to the driver; Eguillos would also buy the kid another one later.
Tatay Rudy understands the dangers his child faces but has no choice because he has no one to leave the boy to as his mother also goes out of the house to work as laundrywoman.
“May asawa ako 3yrs kami ang kaso simula noong binilhan ko ng cellphone at nag Facebook, may nakilala siyang lalaki at doon sumama siya. 2 buwan na niya kaming iniwan,” he told Eguillos.
A lot of netizens were touched by this man’s plight and his story went viral, with many praising him for trying his best to take care of his son despite the challenges he has to face.
Taking pity on this hardworking and loving father, the team not only provided the family with groceries, milk, and diapers for his son but also gave him a tricycle with franchise to ensure all his earnings will go to his pocket and that he no longer has to pay a boundary to someone else.
Here's the full story by Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (KMJS) on GMA Network:
Your thoughts? Share it below.
WHERE TO STAY IN PASIG
- Privato Hotel Ortigas - Check Rates and Availability
- Ace Hotel and Suites - Check Rates and Availability
- Marco Polo Ortigas Manila - Check Rates and Availability
- Richmonde Hotel Ortigas - Check Rates and Availability
Visit Pasig City Guide for news and updates in Pasig. :)
WHERE TO NEXT?
- Rainforest Adventure Experience (RAVE)
- Your Ultimate Food Guide in Pasig
- ArcoVia City (How To Get There, Hours, Everything You Need To Know)
- Pasig Revolving Tower (Location, Rates, Hours - Everything You Need To Know)
- PASIG: Ayala Malls The 30th (Mall Hours and How To Go There)
- TIENDESITAS: What To Do, Where To Eat and How To Go There
- CAPITOL COMMONS: a Provincial Capitol turned into a Business Center in Pasig
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please let us know by leaving a message in the comment box below.
WHERE TO STAY IN PASIG: