Dinengdeng is a dish of the Ilocano people of the Philippines, similar to pinakbet. It is classified as a bagoong monamon soup based dish. Unlike pinakbet, dinengdeng contains fewer vegetables and contains squash and more bagoong monamon soup base.
LOOKING FOR KITCHEN OR DINING NEEDS?
Here are the best options to shop for your kitchenware and dining essentials:
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
- 1 pc Tilapia, grilled or fried
- 2 cups malunggay leaves, washed
- 1 cup kalabasa flower
- 10 pcs okra, sliced
- 1 bundle string beans, sliced into 3-inch pieces
- 2 pieces medium ampalaya, sliced
- 3 tbsps bagoong isda
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 cups water
Cooking Instructions1. Bring water to a boil in a pot and add ginger, onion, and tomato.
2. Simmer for a few minutes and pour bagoong isda.
3. Add okra, string beans and ampalaya. Cook in medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Put in the kalabasa flower and malunggay leaves, simmer for a minute.
5. Lastly add the grilled fish and serve.