Learn the complete procedures and requirements for passport courtesy lane applicants
The Department of Foreign Affairs has launched a Courtesy Lane for OFW (Overseas Filipino Workers), Senior Citizens, pregnant women, PWD (Persons with Disabilities), solo parent, and minor applicants.
What is DFA Passport Courtesy Lane?
DFA Courtesy Lane is a passport priority service launched by the Department of Foreign Affairs in the Philippines for senior citizens, persons with disabilities, pregnant women, solo parents, minors, and overseas Filipino workers.
For those who are not covered by the courtesy lane and haven't got a passport, read my guide for NEW PASSPORT APPLICATION.
If you are renewing your passport, go to - PASSPORT RENEWAL APPLICATION PROCESS
DFA Passport Courtesy Lane Requirements
1. Senior citizen (60 years and above) with a proof of age
A senior citizen applicant is allowed one (1) companion.
The companion of the senior citizen must be an immediate family member, i.e., spouse, siblings, adult children, adult grandchildren, and children-in-law of the senior citizen, and must show proof of relationship.
2. Person with disability (PWD) with a proof of disability
A PWD applicant is also allowed one (1) companion.
The companion of the PWD must be an immediate family member, i.e., spouse, siblings, adult children, adult grandchildren, parents-in-law, and children-in-law of the PWD, and must show proof of relationship.
RELATED: List of SM Supermalls with DFA Consular Office Kiosks / Branches (with Location, Schedule & Contact Number)
3. Solo parent with a valid solo parent ID card
Minot children of the solo parent applicant are also eligible to apply their passport through the courtesy lane.
4. Minor children (7 years old and below)
A minor applicant must be accompanied by his or her parents, legal guardian, or their authorized representative. The adult companion may also be an applicant.
5. Pregnant women
If pregnancy is not visible, the applicant must present a medical certificate or a medical record as a proof of pregnancy.
6. Overseas Filipino Worker (Land and Sea based) with a valid proof of status
The OFW applicant must present a proof of their OFW status such as:
- OFW eCard
- Valid Employment contract
- Valid Work Visa
- Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book (SIRB) stamped at an international border not more than three hundred sixty-four (364) days from the date of application;
- Expired or canceled working visa or employment contract, and a Philippine passport with an immigration arrival stamp of not more than three hundred sixty-four (364) days from the date of application.
7. Exceptional and emergency cases
In exceptional and emergency cases, Courtesy Lane privileges may be extended to applicants upon due approval of his or her written request by any of the following Department officials:
- The Secretary of Foreign Affairs
- The Undersecretary for Civilian Security and Consular Concerns
- The Assistant Secretary for Consular Affairs
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
Important Reminders for Passport Applicants Using the Courtesy Lane:
Senior citizens and PWD applicants may select either regular or expedited processing of their passport applications during regular working days. Hence, all applications outside the regular working hours are required to pay for expedited processing fees.
Other passport applicants, including their companions, must pay for the expedited processing fees because they are not entitled to use the courtesy lane.
DFA branches and consular offices are authorized to set their maximum daily number of passport applicants to comply with social distancing and health protocols.
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
How to Make an Online Appointment for DFA Courtesy Lane?
Because of the pandemic, the DFA now strictly requires an online appointment system for those passport applicants eligible for the courtesy lane through DFA ASEANA. To schedule an appointment, follow the steps below:
- Visit the DFA Passport Appointment website
- Select “Asia Pacific” as your Region
- Select “Philippines” as your country
- Choose “DFA Manila (ASEANA-Courtesy Lane)”
- Confirm your qualification
- Click the NEXT button
- Select your date of appointment
- Provide your profile details
- Keep your confirmed appointment
To see the complete list of IDs and documents you need to prepare when applying for a Philippine passport for the first time, visit Requirements to Prepare for DFA Passport Appointment
- List of DFA Branches in the Philippines: Appointment for New Philippine Passport (Renewal)
- How to Apply for a U.S. Tourist Visa
- 66 Visa-Free Countries For Philippine Passport Holders
- Shorter wait time for Philippine passport application, as per DFA
- How to apply online appointment for passport with 10-year validity