Residents of Marikina and Antipolo are expected to have an easier commute starting next week as the LRT-2 East extension becomes fully operational on June 23.
Light Railway Transit Authority spokesperson Hernando Cabrera on Friday confirmed the opening of the train stations in Emerald Station in Marikina City and Masinag Station at the Masinag Junction in Antipolo City after several delays due to the pandemic.
|Up to Antipolo Station|
In a Facebook post by Antipolo officials Jun and Andeng Ynares, the newly-constructed Antipolo Station is ready to open its doors to the public. The station will start to fully operate on June 23, 2021 according to the Department of Transportation.
The fare from Recto to Marikina or Antipolo station will cost P30 for single journey tickets.
With the LRT-2 East extension, travel time from Recto, Manila to Masinag, Antipolo is estimated at 40 minutes.
- Kalayaan Bridge opened on Independence Day
- DOTr okays 3 state-of-the-art EDSA busway bridges with concourse
- Metro Manila Common Station to be completed in 2021
ALSO IN MARIKINA
- 5 Reasons Why You Consider Living In Marikina City
- Marikina Festivals and Events to Attend and Celebrate
- RIVERBANKS CENTER: Marikina City Guide to the Largest Outdoor Amphitheater and Outlet Center
- MARIKINA RIVER: History, Facts and Guide (Plus Attractions Nearby)
- What to see and do at Marikina Riverbanks Center (ChristmasSaya Carnival 2022)
- List of Watsons Branches in Marikina (with Store Hours & Contact Details)
- List of Palawan Pawnshop Branches (Pera Padala) in Marikina City