Testing is a requirement before a tourist can fly to Boracay. Only those who received a negative RT-PCR or Saliva test result within seventy-two (72) hours prior to the date of travel, shall be allowed to travel. All travelers are strongly advised to observe strict quarantine immediately after undergoing the test until the date of travel to the island. Travelers aged 2 years old and below are not required to undergo RT-PCR testing.
Individuals of all ages are allowed to travel, EXCEPT those with comorbidities or those who are currently pregnant.
- Visit any DOH-accredited testing center for your RT-PCR or Saliva test. Please note that the test (extraction date) should be taken 72 hours prior to your flight to Boracay for this to be valid.
- Visit https://s-pass.ph and apply for an S-Pass Travel Coordination Permit. (An S-Pass Permit is NOT a requirement for issuance of Tourist QR Code but it is highly recommended to get one as airlines, airports, or sea ports may require tourists to
- present one during their travel.)
- Visit https://touristboracay.com and fill out the Online Health Declaration Card a day before your trip to Boracay. Please do not forget to choose "Boracay" on the website's landing page. Fill out all the required information without leaving any blank fields. You may put N/A if the item is not applicable. Once you've accomplished the form, click "Submit." Afterwards, a confirmation with instructions will be provided.
- Save a copy of the Health Declaration Card on your smartphone or if using a computer, please have a copy printed.
- Kindly send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your visit to Boracay with the email subject: OHDC-Family Name, First Name
- Health Declaration Card (HDC)
- Copy of Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) or Saliva test negative result (Should be valid 48 hours prior to arrival in Boracay)
- Hotel booking confirmation
- Proof of identification
Multiple tourist documents can be sent in a single email. Expect a response within 24 hours after submission of complete requirements.
If the application is approved, a copy of the HDC with Tourist QR Code will be provided. Keep a copy of the Tourist QR Code and other documents because these will be also be checked at the borders/airport for scanning and verification. If the application is rejected, please consider re-applying.
Aklanon tourists who are permanently residing outside the province of Aklan must also follow above guidelines. Local residents who are currently residing in the province of Aklan will only be required to present hotel booking confirmation and Health Declaration Card.
SUBSIDIZED RT-PCR TEST
Tourists may apply for a subsidized RT-PCR test at the Philippine General Hospital to reduce the price from the original PHP 1,800 to just PHP 900 per person, or at the Philippine Children’s Medical Center for PHP 750 per person.
Applications for subsidized RT-PCR test should be submitted 5 days or earlier prior to departure at http://www.tpb.gov.ph/rtpcrphtravel with the following requirements.
- Must plan to visit a destination the government has opened for tourism including Boracay, Baguio, Batangas, Bohol, Cebu, Coron, El Nido, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Puerto Princesa, and Siargao
- Should be a Philippine-passport holder or foreigner with valid ACR
- Should possess roundtrip airline tickets
- Must have a confirmed booking with a hotel with Certificate of Authority to Operate (CAO) issued by the Department of Tourism
IMPORTANT: The LGU of Boracay verifies all RT-PCR tests and have arrested tourists who presented fake documents.
- For tourists traveling by air, only the Caticlan Airport shall be the port of entry and exit to Boracay Island. Kalibo International Airport shall only cater to Returning Overseas Filipinos (ROF), Locally Stranded Individuals (LSI), Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APOR), and other emergency travelers.
- All airport passengers coming from any terminal in the Philippines are required to use the Traze Contact Tracing mobile app upon entry to the airport, as mandated by the Department of Transportation. Please download and register an account with the Traze Contact Tracing app before going to the airport.
- Passengers are required to undergo temperature check, and observe social distancing and proper hand hygiene. Wearing of face mask and face shield is a must.
- Bring your own pen and personal hand sanitizer not bigger than 100ml.
- Do the self-bag tag procedure. Proceed to any self-bag tag kiosk at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport to print your bag tag. Attach the tag to your luggage before proceeding to the bag drop counter.
- Ensure that your carry-on bag is within the required specifications: length of 22 inches or 56cm, width of 14 inches or 36cm, height of 9 inches or 23 cm, and weight of 15 pounds or 7 kilos. On top of the carry-on bag, only two of the following items may be carried inside the cabin: laptop computer, small bag, overcoat, reasonable amount of reading materials, small camera or binoculars, infant case, infant food, and sealed duty-free bag.
- Do online check in. To ensure ample time for security checks, arrive early at the airport no later than 4 hours prior to departure from Manila for international flights and 3 hours prior to departure from Manila for domestic flights.
- Visual-only inspection of documents shall be done at the boarding gate. Passengers shall be instructed to self-tear and self-scan their boarding passes at the boarding gate.
DURING THE FLIGHT
- Cabin crew will be wearing full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). They will practice a simplified inflight service approach that minimizes frequent contact.
- Meals and snacks will continue to be in sanitized containers or secure packaging.
- Seat distancing will be observed depending on space availability.
CATICLAN AIRPORT GUIDELINES
- Passengers are required to wear face masks and face shields before entering the airport terminal.
- Passengers should follow all the guidelines on social distancing, proper hand hygiene, temperature check, and Health Declaration requirements.
- At the arrival area, passengers should prepare their documents for verification (Copy of the RT-PCR Negative Result, printed or screenshot of the HDC, hotel booking confirmation, and government-issued ID).
- Approach the booth of your designated transport provider for your pre-booked transfers to Boracay Island.
AT THE HOTEL
- Guests are required to observe social distancing and proper hand hygiene at all times.
- Guests are required to wear face masks and face shields at all times (except when dining, drinking or when inside the guestroom). Children below 2 years are exempted from this rule while children 2-8 years old must use face masks under adult supervision.
- Body temperature will be checked at the entrance. Only those who can clear screening shall be allowed to enter hotel premises.
- As required by the Department of Health, all guests are required to fill out the Health Declaration Form via StaySafe.ph (https://www.staysafe.ph/) by scanning the QR Code by the resort entrance. It is advised to download the StaySafe.ph app ahead of time.
- Room sharing is only allowed for couples or family members who share the same household. All guests shall be required to present a government or company ID with the guest’s residential address. Co-mingling with other groups other than one’s own family or group shall be strictly prohibited.
- Please check with your hotel for other guidelines on accommodation and dining.
- Book a swab test with Philippine Red Cross https://book.redcross1158.com/index.php/book-a-swab-test/
- Accredited RT-PCR testing labs: https://bit.ly/33hRtAn
- List of accommodation establishments in Boracay with Certificate of Authority to Operate.
Be up to date with the latest government regulations when traveling. Local government units and airlines may also have additional travel requirements so it is advised to always check the latest local travel guidelines.
IMPORTANT CONTACT NUMBERS IN BORACAY
Please take note of the following contact numbers if you need further information:
DOH COVID Emergency Hotline
(02) 894 COVID
(02) 8911 1406
(02) 8912 5668
(02) 8911 1873
Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP)
(02) 7944 2030
(02) 7944 2031
Department of Foreign Affairs
(02) 8834 4000
(02) 8834 3000
Municipality of Malay
(036) 288 8775
Malay Municipal Tourism Officer
(036) 288 2493
0919 851 4102
Boracay 24/7 Tourist Information Hotline
0927 439 2343 (Globe)
0968 243 1919 (Smart)