Wondered how much have you traveled around the Philippines? This app will help you find it out.
My Philippines Travel Level (my-philippines-travel-level.com) allows users to shade the areas they've been to in the Philippines—anywhere from passing by the area on route to their vacation to living in that province—and gives them their Travel Level which they can share on social media.
As a Filipino-born, one of my goals is to visit all 81 provinces in the Philippines. My Philippines Travel Level helps me track or see where I am now in this life mission.
Here are some things you might consider bringing with you for your day tour / adventure:
- Stylish face mask
- Water container/tumbler to rehydrate
- Sunscreen for skin protection
- Travel backpack / luggage
- Reusable vacuum storage packs
- Selfie stick
- Waterproof phone case
- Acion cam
- Camping tent
- WiFi kit
- Power bank
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
The Creation of My Philippines Travel Level
Singapore-based Filipino software engineer Denz del Villar created the app after he was inspired by a similar program made for Japan.
“This is my first time dabbling with ReactJS, and I used ChatGPT heavily to help me with the project,” Denz wrote.
How to Use My Philippines Travel Level
You can just visit the website, just click on a province, and choose the travel level according to the following:
- Lived there - you spent a significant portion of your life in that area
- Stayed there - you slept at least a night in that area
- Visited there - you spent some hours exploring the area
- Alighted there - you just dropped off for a short stopover, layover, or transfer
- Passed there - you passed by that area but did not set foot
- Never been there - you need to travel there soon
Once you're done, you can check your level at the upper right corner of the page. You can save a copy too, which you can share or just keep to yourself.
Here's mine so far:
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
As of writing, My Philippines Travel Level gathered over 2 million visits and still viral on social media.
Where to Go Next . . .
- TRAVEL GUIDE: Seven Must-Visit Beaches Near Manila
- ROAD TRIP: 5 summer destinations (MUST VISIT) near Metro Manila
- 7 White Sand Beaches in Southern Luzon you should see and visit (Budget + Travel Guide)
- 25+ Tourist Spots in Batangas You Shouldn't Miss to Visit (Weekend Getaway 2-3 hours from Manila)
- 30+ Best Beach Resorts in Batangas (2-3 Hours Away From Manila!)
- 7 Places to Visit and Things to Do in Marinduque (How to Get There & List of Accommodation)
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
You May Also Like . . .
- Boracay Island (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Coron, Palawan DIY Travel Guide (Things to Do and Accommodation)
- Siargao DIY Travel Guide (Itinerary & Tourist Spots)
- The Hundred Islands in Alaminos, Pangasinan (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Cagbalete Island in Mauban, Quezon (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Isla Verde in Batangas (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Masbate DIY Travel Guide (Tourist Spots & Itinerary)
- Alibijaban Island in San Andres, Quezon (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Kalanggaman Island in Palompon, Leyte (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Moamboc Island in Cebu (Travel Guide & Accommodation)
- El Nido, Palawan Travel Guide & 4D/3N Itinerary
- Maniwaya Island in Marinduque (Budget and Directions)