In an effort to address the needs of vulnerable residents in Metro Manila, the Cash Assistance and Rice Distribution (CARD) program has been introduced across the 33 legislative districts.
This initiative, a collaboration between the Congress and the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) led by Secretary Rex Gatchalian, aims to provide timely assistance to those in need.
READ: Cash Assistance and Rice Distribution Program Kicks Off in NCR and Laguna
What is CARD?
The Cash Assistance and Rice Distribution program or CARD is a comprehensive initiative designed to offer both financial support and essential food supplies to disadvantaged communities. It is a joint endeavor between the House of Representatives and DSWD, with a focus on uplifting the lives of the less privileged.
Benefits of the Program
The program extends a helping hand to 10,000 poor and vulnerable residents in each of Metro Manila's legislative districts. Beneficiaries include a diverse range of individuals, encompassing senior citizens, persons with disabilities (PWDs), solo parents, and indigenous peoples (IPs). Each recipient is entitled to a minimum assistance of P2,000.
The assistance is distributed in two components: P950 is allocated for a 25-kilogram sack of rice at P38 per kilo, ensuring that families have access to a staple food item. The remaining amount is provided in cash, offering flexibility to address specific needs and priorities.
The DSWD plays a crucial role in identifying eligible beneficiaries for the CARD Program. The selection process is thorough and considers the prevailing circumstances in each area. This targeted approach ensures that assistance reaches those who need it the most, contributing to effective poverty alleviation.
To facilitate the efficient distribution of assistance, the CARD Program is structured into four payouts. This organized approach ensures that resources are distributed systematically, minimizing delays and reaching the intended recipients in a timely manner. The schedule is coordinated to align with the identified needs and circumstances of the communities.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
In conclusion, the CARD Program stands as a testament to the commitment of the government to address the immediate needs of vulnerable residents in Metro Manila. By providing both cash assistance and essential food supplies, this initiative aims to empower communities and pave the way for a more resilient and self-sufficient future.
Through collaboration and targeted interventions, the CARD Program reflects a dedication to fostering inclusive growth and uplifting the lives of those facing economic hardships.
Other Programs to Avail Under DSWD
- Technical Assistance and Resource Augmentation (TARA) Program
- Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps)
- Supplementary Feeding Program (SFP)
- Bangsamoro Umpungan sa Nutrisyon (BangUN) Project
- DSWD Educational Cash Assistance
- Recovery and Reintegration Program for Trafficked Persons (RRPTP)
- Social Pension(SocPen) for Indigent Senior Citizens
- Centenarians Act Implementation
- Programs and Services for Persons with Disabilities
- National Household Targeting System for Poverty Reduction or Listahan
- Lingap at Gabay Para sa May Sakit (LinGaP)
- Sustainable Livelihood Program (SLP)
- Assistance to Individuals with Crisis Situations (AICS)
- Payapa at Masaganang Pamayanan (PAMANA) Program
- Unconditional Cash Transfer (UCT) Program
- Targeted Cash Transfer (TCT) Program