Last Monday, Manila PIO posted an updated about the restoration of Manila Metropolitan Theater.
THE METThe theater was designed by architect Juan M. Arellano and inaugurated on December 10, 1931. Like the rest of Manila, it was partially destroyed during World War II.
RESTORATION ATTEMPSA restoration was initiated by then governor of Metro Manila Imelda Marcos in 1978, only for the venue to be closed down again in 1996. Former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo attempted to revive the theater in 2010, but the project didn't push through. By 2012, the theater was completely abandoned.
Earlier in September, Manila Mayor Isko Moreno was quoted by reporters in a press conference: "Kung hindi niyo rin naman kayang ayusin, i-maintain, ibigay niyo na lang sa’min, ime-maintain namin."
This fourth attempt to restore the theater was initiated by the National Historical Commission of the Philippines after the project was turned over to Escalante’s office and it's expected to open in the first quarter of 2020.
Are you excited about the news? Share this to your friends who you want to bring here!
OTHER THINGS TO DO IN MANILA
- Be amazed and have fun at Manila Ocean Park Attraction (up to 8 attractions)
- Enjoy the sweet experience at The Dessert Museum Manila (plus a discounted Entrance Pass)
- Let's travel around the Philippines at Lakbay Museo (plus a discounted Entrance Pass)
- Fill your IG-feed with Selfielicious in Manila (discounted Entrance Pass)
- Okada Manila Sunset Experience with Dinner Buffet
- SM by the Bay Amusement Park Ride-All-You-Can Day Pass
- Intramuros Bambike Tour
- Old Manila Full Day Tour
- Binondo Food Crawl
Source: Manila City Natin