The new Facebook algorithm will favor content from friends and family over content from publishers or businesses, pushing publishers to work even harder to get their content seen on the platform.
While this news may seem apocalyptic for media outlets — 45% of U.S. adults get their news from Facebook — the Facebook algorithm update isn’t the end of the world.
Yes, it could be bad in the short term. Publishers will likely see engagement drop if they don’t make moves to adjust to this change. But in the long run, the Facebook News Feed updates will actually be good for the publishing industry as a whole.
Why? Because it will weed out the “losers.” It will cut out those who don’t have what it takes to succeed on Facebook, and it will make more room for those who can adapt and innovate. Small publishers who’ve long been pushed to the side by big-name brands could also stand to benefit from this change, as it may level the playing field a bit.
READ: 15 Sources Of FREE Images Without Copyright
As Ned Berke wrote for MediaShift, “The planned changes will have less of an impact on the strategies of small publishers, and significant payoff awaits those embracing the fundamentals of engagement.”
SEE ALSO: R.I.P. Organic Reach - Facebook
The question is: What exactly separates the losers from the winners in this shakeup, and how can you make sure you’re on the winning side?
Let’s take a look.
facebook news feed changes 2018 facebook news feed changes 2019 facebook changes 2018 facebook algorithm change 2018 recent changes to facebook facebook pages feed 2018 facebook changes 2019 facebook latest feature
- 8 Ways to Monetize Your Blog
- Use my hosted AdSense account to show ads on my own site
- How To Fix Not Showing AdSense After Moving My Blogger (Blogspot) To My Own Domain
- Blogger Ads Inline AdSense Widget
- What are the benefits of Robots.txt and how to add it on Blogger
- Is it possible to have two or more publishers' ad code on the same URL?
- How To Earn More Using Mobile Ads Via AdSense
- How To Create Facebook Instant Articles For Blogger (The Easiest Way)